The problem with Friday Finds, is that the pieces in question almost always make their way into my closet. Although, I suppose one could also argue that's the best part of Friday Finds. AMEX would certainly agree.
Today we're doing something a little different... a Valentine's Day inspired collection of cheap thrills. Now, I'm usually of the "buy quality once" mindset, but I think we can all agree that we sometimes get a little joy from finding a cheap and cheerful little something.
With that I give you today's Friday Finds. Each are perfect for gifting your girlfriends, daughters, mothers, or (ahem)... yourselves. Even better, each item pictured is US$25 or less, with many coming in well below budget. Consider it my Valentine's Day treat to you.
From top left:
1. Floral print portable speakers, made from recycled materials ($14.99) sadly sold out at Dormify, but you can nab Lilly Pulizer's ($25) version here.
2. Sephora's 5 piece makeup brush capsule ($22).
3. Fresh "Life" soap ($15) at Nordstrom.
4. Stila Valentine's Day blush ($18) at Beauty.com.
5. & 6. r+Co Gemstone Color Shampoo ($24) and Conditioner ($25) at Neiman Marcus. I have no idea how well this product works, but it is just gorgeous!
7. River Island soft pink tank. Similar at ASOS ($10).
8. Isaac Mizrahi loves band-aids ($5). You need this, it's a safety thing.
9. Enric Rovira dark hot chocolate with hazelnut ($17.50) at Selfridges. Calling it Xocolat makes it extra fancy.
10. A Sephora golden brush ($15). Don't you just love it when mundane objects turn glam?
11. A silly little headband. Similar versions at Etsy ($20) but frankly you could make this for a couple bucks.
12. Sweet little briefs. Underella by Ella Moss ($19) at Gilt.com.
13. Smith's Rosebud lip balm ($5.59) at Beauty.com. A perfect way to give her rose(s) on the cheap.
14. Mast Brothers chocolate organic Guatemala bar ($9) ABC Carpet & Home. Are we willing to pay nine bones for some pretty little packaging? Yes, yes we are.
15. A gold accented coffee cup and saucer ($12) at H&M.com. So affordable you could even buy a pair.
16. & 17. Butter London nail lacquer ($15 each) in Ladybird and Disco Biscuit. NB: I was amused for an entire week in 2008 when I discovered that "disco biscuit" was the 80s term for quaaludes.
18. Super cute pen set by Jonathan Adler ($20) at Shopbop.com. Really inspires some good old fashioned snail-mail.
19. Kate Spade monogrammed note cards ($24.95) at Papyrus.
20. A trio of bud vases ($25) sold out on One Kings Lane, but similar versions here.