Spring's in full swing which means relaxed silhouettes, breezy fabrics and a lighter palette. My most favorite way to embrace the season is through subtly sheer, lace or cutout elements. It's a great way to lighten up your every day look and will definitely help you transition into the season. Here's some of my favorites:
1. Chic sunnies. I'm a fair blonde so sunglasses are essential once April showers ease up (it doesn't hurt that they instantly add a bit of style to the most basic outfit). Here's two totally different takes on the lace trend... sweet little coral specs from Tilly or a full on pop diva shield from Linda Farrow.
2. A go-with-anything top. This laser cut leather top from Lover is going to look so sweet with pastel shorts, but definitely holds it's own with sleek trousers. The Coming to Dinner shirt from VAUGHAN is one of my personal favorites (natch). Slick with leather leggings or relaxed with cutoffs it's a perfect 3 season blouse.
3. Lovely little bras. Even if you're the only one who knows it's there, aren't they great? La Perla and Mimi Holiday are two great go-tos.
4. Eye-catching hardware. A mesh diamond collar elevates anything. Promise. Looking for something a little more subtle? Try a gold-dipped lace bracelet or ring. Great options are available from Aurélie Bidermann or Callixto.
5. A great bag. Handbags and clutches are basically the city girl's car... they carry everything and look so fly. I love dainty little clutches like the Kotur and Louboutin selections above. I'm (obviously) obsessed with McQueen's bee influence and love the way the Heroine bag makes a subtle nod to the honeycomb shape. An Alaïa tote is always the right choice: chic, functional, polished.
In other news, I can't believe I'm halfway though a post on cutouts and only now mentioning Alaïa. Hi, my name is Lindsay and I have an obsession.
6. Gorgeous cosmetics. If I'm being perfectly honest, I am really unsure how often I buy cosmetics and fragrances based on their actual benefits. More often than not, it's the glamorous packaging that sells me. Hello, Guerlain bee motifs!
7. Flirty lil bottoms. Be it a flouncy little skirt from TopShop or a leather and lace mashup from Rag & Bone, it's time to show off those newly tanned gams.
8. The perfect little shoe. Do you really need me to elaborate? Check out these dogs from Jil Sander and Nicholas Kirkwood.
Spoiler alert: we're got some sheer paneling coming up for summer shirts from VAUGHAN! Watch this space for the latest updates.